Kill The Streamer
A downloadable game for Windows
Ever want to know what it was like to actively battle Twitch Chat? Find out! Kill the Streamer will read the chat of a Twitch chat room and spawn enemies based on the commands that the users say, in real time. The game currently features:
- Over 15 different weapons, each highly unique.
- 6 different enemies, each based on a global Twitch emote.
The game is currently under development by a group of students from the Rochester Institute of Technology. Some small polishes to still come, but it's otherwise complete.
- Unzip the zip.
- Open up config.txt (with notepad or whatever)
- You'll need to setup a simple bot account to read the chat for the game to work. You can use your account, or create a new one, it's up to you. We suggest creating a new account, but whatever works. Replace <botnamehere> with the username of the bot account. This bot will not post in chat, it just reads.
- You'll need the oauth of the bot. Go to https://twitchapps.com/tmi/ and connect your account with it. Copy the oauth key (specifically the part AFTER "oauth:") and paste it where <oauthhere> is. This allows us to "log in" with the bot so we can read messages.
- Put the username of the channel you want to read messages from in <channelnamehere>. This is the channel the bot will look for commands from. If you wanted to, two streamers could put the same channel here and fight the same enemies.
- Launch the exe!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.